I guess what I wanted to clarify was that replacing one set of minmax figures
and units with another, equivalent set of minmax figures and units will not
alter the QC outcome because when units are included in a minmax spec the
valies are converted to the underlying database units.

Given the small log exact we have seen it is not possible to definitiely say
what the issue is. The fact that 26.0 and 32.5 appear in the logs do not mean
that those figures are actually in the barometer minmax spec as these could be
converted or unconverted values. However, given that a default install uses a
barometer minmax of barometer = 26.0, 32.5, inHg I suspect that is what is in
Hajo's weewx.conf. If this is the case the log snippet suggests the database
unit system is US and seeing a barometer value in the 1000s suggests that
either the driver has supplied a packet with a barometer value that does not
agee with the packet's usUnits field. Alternatively, the driver could well
being providing correct data and weeWX is garbling it, i think it unlikely
though. Of course if the minmax spec is not what I surmise then it could b
something else. To be certain we need to see the minmax stanza and the raw loop
packets coming from the driver.

Gary