A.J.,

Exactly what did you stumble across as there is a skin and an extension
that can produce the gauge-data.txt file used to drive the SteelSeries
Weather Gauges. Firstly there is the SteelSeries skin
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/steelseries> that generates
gauge-data.txt via a weeWX report and hence gauge-data.txt is generated
every report cycle, eg every 5 minutes. Secondly, there is the Realtime
gauge-data extension <https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-realtime_gauge-data>
for weeWX that I linked in my first post, this extension produces a loop
based  version of gauge-data.txt. The period between generation of this
loop based file can be controlled using the min_interval config option
(refer the the comments at the front of file rtgd.py included in the
extension package).