My VP2 has recently been in a state where it was missing most rain tips due
to the mounting bracket getting out of level due to mounting pole issues
I've recently fixed.  Today's first rain in a week verifies the Davis is
ok, it's tipping again and matching my CoCoRaHS manual gauge exactly again.
  So I'd like to update things so my daily totals of rain for the last 90
days or so match my daily manual readings.

I know one option is edit and do a full --drop-daily, but I'd like to avoid
a full rebuild as I have well over 1,000,000 archive records here.   But I
see the nice --rebuild-daily option makes that perhaps unnecessary now.
 Cool.

Couple questions:

   - For rebuilding the subset of dailies, I'm guessing it would be
"wee_database
   --rebuild-daily --from=2017-10-01 --to=2018-02-14"
   - If I just edit one 'rain' element per day in the archive table and
   leave 'rainRate' at 0.0 would that get me the updated daily totals
   effect I'm looking for ?
   - and I'm guessing I'd have to delete the NOAA files for the
   months/years I mess with, and weewx will regenerate them as always, correct
   ?

Again, I'd like the NOAA files to show updated values matching reality as
measured by my manual gauge while the VP2 wasn't measuring correctly.
Bonus points if the rainYear totals as reported by weewx and (ideally) the
VP2 console catch up to reality too.