Every time my logger gets a lot of data that hasn't been sent to weewx
because system is offline (like power outage for last 2 days), the system
comes up, vantage driver fails a CRC16 error well documented and then the
only thing you can do is manually pull all the power to the envoy and
restart weewx.  it will download some data to the database and then get an
error again and exit the vantage driver.  You may get and hour or 2 of data
and then have to stop, pull power, start weewx and view log.

I used to have the data being pumped to CWOP and WUNDERGROUND.  I turned
off CWOP and it behaved slightly better but it seems as soon as a
WUNDERGROUND record went out it would stop working pretty close to that
point.

Today I decided to do a wee_device --dump.  I'm confused why using the
exact same drivers it has no problem reading and streaming all the data in
to the database (obviously error-ing out on duplicate keys) and never gets
a CRC error.    Obviously no WUNDERGROUND data is sent but the process does
finish. If I then start weewx, it goes right in to the loop process and
doesn't fail.

I know people have chased the USB cable, power supply (my logger is wrapped
in AC duct foil tape (including the cable) and has a 2 ferrite ended
cable.  Doesn't help. Power supply is new and fine on Rpi.

I think it may be the vantage driver and trying to pause during a push to
one of the services while downloading all this data.  Can't prove that  but
that is my observation.

I modified vantage.py  today to allow me to not have to say yes to the dump
command with a --dumpauto option. I took weewx out of rc.d and run a job a
startup using cron that calls wee_device --dumpauto and then immediately
starts weewx.

While that is the backstory, what am I missing by taking this approach that
at least has the system back up and running when the power goes down or
multiple hours of data end up on the logger without weewx running?

I get I am probably not getting data to wunderground for all those
periods.  it is in the database.  not sure what else to try.