I am very interested in a skin I saw at Carlingford weather
https://carlingfordweather.sydney/ but I can't follow his instructions, nor
those in the weewx docs.

His instructions are

Welcome to Sydney! To install a report skin in weewx, you just need to grab
the skin and copy to the skins directory under weewx config. See
http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#_________The_standard_reporting_service,_StdReport_______
 for
some loose instructions around this.

You can grab the ZIP of the skin via
https://github.com/dcapslock/weewx-responsive-skin/archive/master.zip

If you wish to use the Australian extensions for forecast etc. follow the
instructions at
https://github.com/dcapslock/weewx-responsive-skin/wiki/Australian-%27Search%27-Extensions

I hope that helps.

I downloaded the ZIP and extracted it to downloads and attempted to move it
to /etc/weewx/skins but I get permission denied. I attempted to extract to
the same folder with the same result. The weewx instructions are not
helpful to me.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong

KImberly