Thank you for the informative reply

i suppose the solution is to add 9/5 +32 to my parsing extension to log the
reading as F'

one thing that iam not sure is why i cannot alter the readings under

[StdCalibrate]

    [[Corrections]]
        # For each type, an arbitrary calibration expression can be given.
        # It should be in the units defined in the StdConvert section.
        # Example:
        foo = foo + 0.2

        cctemp = cctemp *1.8

        extraTemp7 = extraTemp7 + 10

the cctemp is logged with my extension ok i will modify it
but the extraTemp7 is logged with the 1wire extension that 's freely
available from weewx

trying to add 10 to extraTemp7  has no effect on what is displayed on the
html pages

strange?