Dont feel bad/frustrated ... I did this about a month ago.

I was running my weather station (Davis Pro2) off my MacMini and WeatherCat
software for years until I came home after work one day and my Mac finally
went to the apple orchard in the sky. I had a Pi laying around for a
project that I never got to so over the course of a day or two (and reading
and re-reading and re-re-reading the docs) got myself up and running,
communicating with Wunderground, CWOP, Met Office and others I used with
WeatherCat.

Like Andrew said, there is plenty of help here, but the info he asked for
is necessary as each type of weather station hardware will have different
settings and configurations.

When I was debugging my initial install, the first thing I did was follow
this wiki page https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/logging to get my weewx
logs into its own file ... makes following whats happening (or not
happening as the case may be) so much easier :)

And this isnt too 'big a project' to learn both the Pi and Weather Stations
or Code ... I dont know Python but I've hacked together enough to get stuff
going the way I want (so far ...) You'll do fine, just follow the KISS
principles and expand as you feel comfortable :)

-jph

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Phil Keys <philk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Search this forum for
>> Experience installing WeeWX on a Raspberry Pi
>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/weewx-user/phil$20keys%7Csort:date/weewx-user/tpSazfKF8_g/_54nK8nyAgAJ>
>>

> It's a description of my experience installing WeeWX on a Raspberry Pi,
> installing Apache and setting up a website, setting up my router  to point
> to the website and buying a domain name. A step-by-step log is available if
> you want it.

John P. Hoke
j...@hoke.org
https://hoke.org/john <http://hoke.org/john>/