The permanent solution for me was to replace the console with an SDR
receiver and a pressure sensor.

Cutting the power to the console worked on 10% of the times for me, because
the raspberry pi wouldn't "reset" the usb port most of the times (I had to
remove and instert the USB cable anyways).

Moreover, since I kept the console, I notice that it looses the connection
to the station quite often (dashes on the screen) while the SDR receiver
maintains the connection without problems all of the time.

Alex.