Please forgive my ignorance.  It is not clear after reading the
instructions on extending the database precisely what I should do in this
case.  Obviously we don't have an "user/electricity.py" file, but we do
have a "user/belchertown.py" file.

Should I modify the "belchertown.py" file with something like:

import schemas.wview
schema_with_apptemp = schemas.wview.schema + [('appTemp', 'REAL')]

Then modify weewx.conf to have:

[DataBindings]
    [[wx_binding]]
        database = archive_sqlite
        table_name = archive
        manager = weewx.wxmanager.WXDaySummaryManager
        schema = user.belchertown.schema_with_apptemp

I am using SQLlite so I believe I can skip step 3.

Then, "wee_database weewx.conf --reconfigure" and rename the databases?

Thanks,

-Dj