Dj,

Check out this link for details:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/weewx-user/bNz3ymPNHHc/caYi1nqlAgAJ

I must say that I have been a bit confused about the appTemp value weewx
calculates. My understanding is that the Apparent Temperature is equal to
the Wind Chill number when the temp is 50 degrees F or below. It is equal
to the Heat Index with the temp is 81 degrees F or above. My Vantage Vue
transmits Wind Chill and Heat Index values. But the weewx calculated
appTemp value doesn't match my understanding of what it should equal (or at
least closely equal).

I wonder if it has to do with Loop Values for wind speed (which drives Wind
Chill) and humidity (which drives Heat Index) vs. archive values for for
those measures (which are aggregates). I don't know. Maybe someone else
knows?
phil