OK, focus on Setup 2 but let me just remind that the issue is the weewx
doesn't output maxSolarRad.

I have a conditions.html file (generated by weewx every minute) with few
entries; e.g.: radiation | maxSolarRad | sunrise | sunset | extraTemp1 |
outTemp
Of course I use raw values so I get values only (no units). A bash script
parses the conditions.html file every minute. Verifies it's daytime (from
sunrise/sunset times) and calculates dT=extraTemp1-outTemp.
It then writes a dT into a simple solar.txt file that a template uses to
update the weewx database entries. I actually write into 2 entries (just
for now, for debugging): dT goes into extraTemp2 and dT * factor goes into
radiation.
I verified entries a minute ago and they correspond to my equations and
current temperature conditions. All works well up to this level.
Now I need to get the maxSolarRad :-)