On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 11:49:39 AM UTC-7, gjr80 wrote:

> The current top to bottom ‘if..elif..else’ structure does not lend itself
> to being easily extended in a manner that survives upgrades etc.

Agree - if you keep the file in weewx's directory namespace that is.

Doesn't logwatch typically search a configurable set of locations ?   Why
not just stash a (modified) copy someplace outside a directory weewx would
overwrite on a version update ?

Or am I missing something ?

(just curious - I don't use logwatch for my sites)