On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:11:19 AM UTC-4, boke wu wrote:

> something like:
>>

> VP2 in ttyUSB1  (send data )  => Weewx ( save archive ,make web page....)
>
> Weewx (After weewx done everything , open serial port in ttyUSB2 and write
> loop data)  => My other RS232  device (receive string loop data and logging)

as andrew noted, you could write a weewx service to do this.

or you could create a serial port sniffer in hardware.  create a wiring
harness with 3 serial ports - one port plugs into the vp2, the other two do
a 'Y' from that.  one of those two plugs into the computer running weewx,
the other plugs into the other listener.  you only have to connect 3 wires:
TX, RX, and GND.  you can even eliminate the TX pin for the non-weewx
device.

as long as weewx is the only software sending commands, the other device
will be a passive listener.

this is a common approach for reverse engineering serial protocols, and it
is an easy (and super inexpensive) way to get serial data to multiple
devices.

but only ONE device can do the sending/commands.  others must be passive
listeners.

then write your software to read and decode the traffic that passes over
the serial line.