There is indeed a "minmax" aggregate, but it comes with limitations. The
start and end of the aggregation interval must be at midnight. I suspect
the problem is that you are attempting to do it from a random time of the
day. In that case, minmax (and maxmin) would then be not well-defined
mathematically.

-tk

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM Pila <mrzimgj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They are not nearly the same thing. In the summer, we do not care about
> the coldest night. Warmest nights are the problem. Warmest nights are of
> interest. In the winter lowest daily maximum becomes crucial.
>
> Pity. This is very unfortunate missing crucial feature. These two really
> should exist in any good meteo program.
>
> Then again, why they exist in standard form which is useless to describe
> graphs?
>

> Na 7. listopada 2019. 19:36:52 CEST, Andrew Milner <
> andrew.s.r.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> there is no aggregate minmax or maxmin - just saying min will give the
>> lowest value over the span and just saying max will give the highest value
>> over the period
>>
>> so
>>
>> minmax: $span(day_delta=7).outTemp.minmax<br/>
>> maxmin: $span(day_delta=7).outTemp.maxmin<br/>
>>
>> should be
>>
>> minmax: $span(day_delta=7).outTemp.min<br/>
>> maxmin: $span(day_delta=7).outTemp.max<br/>
>>
>> On Monday, 7 October 2019 20:21:09 UTC+3, Pila wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, I was making notes on everything I wanted to ask, and in all that
>>> logging, I forgot a log I should include :)
>>>
>>> wee_reports[14046]: cheetahgenerator: Generate failed with exception '<class
>>> 'weewx.ViolatedPrecondition'>'
>>> wee_reports[14046]: cheetahgenerator: **** Ignoring template /home/weewx
>>> /skins/Smartphone/temp.html.tmpl
>>> wee_reports[14046]: cheetahgenerator: **** Reason: Invalid aggregation
>>> type 'minmax'
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File
>>> "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/cheetahgenerator.py", line 332, in generate
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****      fd.write(str(compiled_template))
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1045, in
>>> __str__
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****      rc = getattr(self, mainMethName)()
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File
>>> "_home_weewx_skins_Smartphone_temp_html_tmpl.py", line 151, in respond
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/tags.py", line
>>> 329, in __getattr__
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****      return self._do_query(aggregate_type)
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/tags.py", line
>>> 343, in _do_query
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****      val=val, **self.option_dict)
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****    File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/wxmanager.py",
>>> line 60, in getAggregate
>>> wee_reports[14046]: ****      return weewx.manager.DaySummaryManager.
>>> getAggregate(self, timespan, obs_type, aggregateType, **option_dict)