Hi,

I've implemented the NWS and WU forecasts for my site, but otherwise
haven't really looked into the guts of the forecast module. With WU being
no longer useful, I'm interested in getting this to work. I'll install it
on my dev VM and see what I can figure out. It will be a day or two before
I can get to it.

In the meantime, I've just been reading the comments in forecast.py -

Configuration

   To enable forecasting, add a [Forecast] section to weewx.conf, add a
   section to [Databases] to indicate where forecast data should be stored,
   then append user.forecast.XXXForecast to the service list for each
   forecasting method that should be enabled.

Have you tried this?

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM T Reid <trgoo...@hoghill.net> wrote:

> I need help implementing a new forecasting service on weewx using the
> NWS National Digital Forecast Database (https://graphical.weather.gov/xml/).
> This should allow for much more precise local forecasting than the existing
> NWS forecast module in weewx.  I wrote the attached class and pasted it
> into forecast.py.  But cannot figure out how to get forecast.py to actually
> run forecasts using this class.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/c924906c-9acd-4e0a-a49c-767a9c514e1b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/c924906c-9acd-4e0a-a49c-767a9c514e1b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264