On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 at 00:59, Thomas Keffer <tkef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, you've talked me into it! The defaults now use "h", instead of "hr", "km"
> instead of "kms". I don't think they ever used "cms", at least, I can't find
> any such references.

cm plural was the 2nd snag that came to me having been reading a
design with 'cms' proliferating.
Regrettably, children in the UK are taught to measure in centimetres -
millimetres are deigned `too small`.

> I've also made "metre" an option to "meter".

Thank you, appreciated

> But, "foot", instead of "feet"? So my altitude would be "700 foot"? That
> sounds just plain wrong to my American ear! A user can always override.

My English ear too, but ISO are based in Switzerland.  They do things
differently there ;)