Pat;

   I figured it out...

I was able to get into my hosting provider's webserver control panel. (I've
never used it before)

stumbled around for awhile - haven't done any web development in over
20years.... needless to say things have changed.

I found that there wasn't any MIME type defined for JSON files ... I just
added one to the list (“application/json .json” is the correct JSON content
type entry.)

   That fixed it!  http://www.mpython.com/weather/belchertown/

  Thanks for ALL your help, looking forward to version 1.2 - I'm sure it
will be GREAT!

  and Thanks for all your hard work and sharing AND Helping those that
surely need it.