Python 2 and Python 3 keep separate libraries. What this means is that if
something is installed for Python 2, it will not be available for Python 3.
You must re-install for Python 3.

If you review the install instructions
<https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-mqtt/blob/master/readme.txt> for
weewx-mqtt, you'll see that it tells you that for Python 3, you'll need:

*sudo pip3 install paho-mqtt*

This will install and make available a Python 3 version of paho-mqtt.

-tk