* On 2021 10 Jan 20:02 -0600, Tom Keffer wrote:
> The note *Derived variables
> <https://www.davisinstruments.com/product_documents/weather/app_notes/AN_28-derived-weather-variables.pdf>*
> from
> Davis has a pretty good discussion of this.

Thanks, Tom.

I have a Vantage Pro2 and I see this:

$ sudo wee_device --info
Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
Using Vantage driver version 3.2.1 (weewx.drivers.vantage)
Querying...
Davis Vantage EEPROM settings:

    CONSOLE TYPE:                   Vantage Pro2

    CONSOLE FIRMWARE:
      Date:                         Jun  3 2013
      Version:                      3.15

    CONSOLE SETTINGS:
      Archive interval:             300 (seconds)
      Altitude:                     1327 (foot)
      Wind cup type:                large
      Rain bucket type:             0.01 inches
      Rain year start:              1
      Onboard time:                 2021-01-11 04:37:42

    CONSOLE DISPLAY UNITS:
      Barometer:                    inHg
      Temperature:                  degree_F
      Rain:                         inch
      Wind:                         mile_per_hour

    CONSOLE STATION INFO:
      Latitude (onboard):           +39.9
      Longitude (onboard):          -96.8
      Use manual or auto DST?       AUTO
      DST setting:                  N/A
      Use GMT offset or zone code?  ZONE_CODE
      Time zone code:               6
      GMT offset:                   N/A
      Temperature logging:          LAST
      Retransmit channel:           OFF (0)

    TRANSMITTERS:
      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type
         1      active      none    iss
         2      active      none    temp (as extra temperature 1)
         3      active      none    (N/A)
         4      active      none    (N/A)
         5      active      none    (N/A)
         6      active      none    (N/A)
         7      active      none    (N/A)
         8      active      none    (N/A)

    RECEPTION STATS:
      Total packets received:       6411
      Total packets missed:         90
      Number of resynchronizations: 0
      Longest good stretch:         751
      Number of CRC errors:         12

    BAROMETER CALIBRATION DATA:
      Current barometer reading:    30.344 inHg
      Altitude:                     1327 feet
      Dew point:                    23 F
      Virtual temperature:          29 F
      Humidity correction factor:   0.7
      Correction ratio:             1.052
      Correction constant:          -0.024 inHg
      Gain:                         0.000
      Offset:                       -24.000

    OFFSETS:
      Wind direction:               +0 deg
      Inside Temperature:           +0.0 F
      Inside Humidity:              +0 %
      Outside Temperature:          +0.0 F
      Outside Humidity:             +0 %
      Extra Temperature 1:          +0.0 F

In this case, 1327 feet is the height of the console including its
height above ground level which is stated to be 1318 feet by Google
Earth and topographical map estimation.

The closest airport with a reporting station is about eight miles
east/southeast from here and I have the console set to match its
pressure reading as shown on its NWS page.  Its elevation is stated to
be 1283 feet, so 44 feet lower than my console.

I've never been exactly clear from the Davis documentation just who I
should be doing.  My guess is that the 44 feet and eight mile difference
is probably inconsequential on a clear sunny day like this.  The
difference likely is greater under more localized conditions such as
when a squall line moves through.

My goal is to "color" my data as little as possible and my station does
report to CWOP and seems to get satisfactory marks from MADIS.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB