Back around May 2020 the python3-ow version of ow disappeared from the
RPi and Debian repos. Where it went, or why no-one knows. There is a
user group post titled "python3-ow for OWFS" where this cropped up.

All that aside, you  need pyownet (the module using 'pip3 install
pyownet' if the apt repo doesn't have it) and owserver (from OWFS
using sudo apt-get install owserver).

The following is a fork of the original owfs driver / service and is
known to work with weewx4 and your i2c combo.
You should also find that the --readings stanza should work with this version.

https://github.com/glennmckechnie/weewx-owfs

The README at that fork should hold enough info to expand on those
dependencies, if not ask for clarification.

pydoc_owfs.txt will also hold some clues regarding the owserver configuration.
ie:-
server: device /dev/i2c-1 # for a pi using i2c-1
server: port = 4304

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie