That's an option, though I would want the databases to be mirrored +/- one
or two archive intervals, and that might get messy with mariabackup. I have
some services that will run at another location (Home Server) using the
archive data, but due to a bad internet connection I can't rely on
accessing the database on the Weewx computer (Farm) directly.

I was thinking the local db would use SQLite which reduces the load on the
Rasperry Pi Zero, and MySQL for the remote db.

Perhaps there is a simple way to mirror the two separated databases?

Separately, could you point me to any documentation on the AQI and forecast
databases in WeeWX? I'd like to go down that rabbithole a bit.

Cheers,
Seth