Hi
Yes I use SQL replication to a spare Raspberry pi, its is a live backup and
I also use it as a second source of data in another weewx project I am
building.
I have used replication for years (on QNAP NAS and now Pi), and it is
extremely reliable and recovers from power failures, device shutdowns etc
without issue so far.

Neville