I've left my local twi.py reporting what the station reports as
"barometer".  I'm pretty sure the station actually reports a calculated
"altimeter" from its pressure sensor.  To review, I calibrated my console
to display local pressure adjusted to my altitude.  If I let the driver
report values as "pressure" weewx reports crazy high calculated values for
barometer and altimeter.    When I change the twi.py -- or the simulator --
to report only "altimeter", I get nothing in the barometer and pressure
archive records.  My weewx.conf is configure to expect "altimeter" from
hardware and both barometer and pressure from software.  Where should I
look to see why weewx is not calculating barometer and pressure from
altimeter?  I'm fluent in python.  I'd prefer this approach to configuring
the twi.py driver to insert the stations readings into "pressure" and then
having to put a large negative offset in weewx,conf to "correct" the
pressure value.  Does the calculation of barometer and pressure from
altimeter require some time span of altimeter values?