hex C2 B5 is the UTF-8 binary encoding of "micro" in a "text" file such as
a python script.
But as far as HTML is concerned, the html  UTF-8 encoding of "micro" is
either µ or µ or µ  -
see https://www.w3schools.com/charsets/tryit.asp?deci=181&ent=micro

May be  cheetah converts the two binary UTF-8 codes found in defaults.py ,
but in that case it is not working for html.