On Friday, January 26, 2024 at 9:33:35 AM UTC-8 Bill Hattel wrote:

I'm having the same issue after an upgrade to 5.0.0-1. I inspected the
configuration file even though I selected no changes and found everything
was correct. I also completely removed weewx and reinstalled it with a new
configuration file. I can communicate with the Davis console through
WeatherLink with the same settings and interface with no issue. The port is
closed when WeatherLink exits.

Davis Vantage Vue
Raspberry PI
NetBurner SBL2E Dual Serial to Ethernet converter
Homemade RS-232 level shifter.

Hmmm....that's pretty unusual/exotic hardware connecting the Vue to the
pi....

Jan 25 19:44:10 raspberrypi weewxd[298]: ERROR weewx.drivers.vantage:
Socket error while opening port 23 to ethernet host 192.168.50.39.
 <<<<  ******************** this line ************************
Jan 25 19:44:10 raspberrypi weewxd[298]: ERROR weewx.engine: Import of
driver failed: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable (<class
'weewx.WeeWxIOError'>)
]
Jan 25 19:44:10 raspberrypi weewxd[298]: CRITICAL __main__: Unable to load
driver: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable
Jan 25 19:44:10 raspberrypi weewxd[298]: CRITICAL __main__:     ****
 Exiting...
Jan 25 19:44:10 raspberrypi systemd[1]: weewx.service: Main process exited,
code=exited, status=4/NOPERMISSION

Network unreachable is a different issue than others are having.

What's your weewx system ip ?  What is the ip you are trying to talk to ?
If they're on different networks you are possibly missing a route on your
weewx system.   From the weewx system you might try "traceroute -n
192.168.50.39" if the destination address in your logs is correct.

This one looks like a routing or packet filter issue on a router in between
the weewx box and the serial-to-ethernet converter 'if' they are on
different subnets