Hi

I performed an upgrade to 5.0.0 at the weekend and have had two main
issues. I'm putting to one side for now that the upgrade seemed to correct
the database and I needed to create a new one. The main issue is similar to
other Davis Vantage Pro users. Before the upgrade all worked fine, WEEWX
started every time without issue. Now if I boot from cold (or a reboot) I
get a critical error. My Vantage Pro is connected via ethernet using the IP
adaptor. The error below is what I receive. Ironically as my device is
remotely housed, I use SSH to connect to it (it's on a Raspberry Pi running
debian bookworm). Therefore the network must be working. I wondering if it
needs a delay or a dependency when starting WEEWX. Performing a manual
start after this error works every time. Also after failing to start if i
run 'weectl device --info' it correctly reports the Vantage weather
station. Any help would be appreciated (I see others are having a similar
issue with USB connected Davis Vantage Pros). Here is the error:

Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 Vantage.__init__(self, **config_dict[DRIVER_NAME])
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 536, in __init__
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 self.port.openPort()
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 359, in openPort
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 raise weewx.WeeWxIOError(ex)
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL weewx.engine:     ****
 weewx.WeeWxIOError: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL __main__: Unable to load
driver: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER weewxd[473]: CRITICAL __main__:     ****  Exiting...
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER systemd[1]: weewx.service: Main process exited,
code=exited, status=4/NOPERMISSION
Feb 05 19:15:56 WEATHER systemd[1]: weewx.service: Failed with result
'exit-code'.

Thanks
Neil