OK so no one is willing to admit trying this before!

As I am no coder and do not have time nor the intelligence to write my own
code, I wondered yesterday whether AI could help...!

The result is now in my github but does not work and frankly even with
debug set to one, I cannot see why it does not work. I suspect I have
missed something rather major.

Is there any chance that one of the more knowledgeable members take a look
and review the code over a cup of coffee and point me in the right
direction please? I must learn but I really need some help...

I think I am close...

https://github.com/JonFear/Weewx-RS485-solar/releases/tag/0.1.3

Please be honest, If I have goofed up then say that! I am not easily
offended. I know I am out of my depth here...

Many thanks

Jon