De : Didier LINK [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mercredi 24 janvier 2007 21:09
À : Jerome WAGNER
Cc : 'Wengophone Devel'
Objet : RE: [Wengophone-devel] Native Alsa support on Linux

(DBG_DYNA_AUDIO_DRV:/home/didier/temp/openwengo-ng/wengophone-2.1/wifo/phapi
> /phmedia-alsa.c:316) alsa_stream_open: (name: alsa: in=0 out=0, rate:
16000,
> framesize: 640)
>
> (confirming that the alsa driver is given an alsa name)
>
> After that you should look on line (122) of phmedia-alsa:
>   rc = snd_pcm_open(&handle, name, type, 0);
>
> It seems to me that using "name" is a bug here
> And this would be why it tells you
> "unable to open < in=0 out=0> pcm device"

Thats true, with a little bit of debugging I've found some improvements
to the code (file is attached). Now it parse correctly the in= and out=
options. The syntaxes that work for me are :

*  PH_FORCE_AUDIO_DEVICE="alsa:in=hw:0 out=hw:0"
*  PH_FORCE_AUDIO_DEVICE="alsa:in=default out=default"

This accept only some specific value. See [1] for some examples, close
to the end of the page (PCM naming conventions).

The device initialization works like a charm. The phlogger debug
informations file is attached.

But, yes sorry ..., the session ending abruptly by a segfault. I've
paste the backtrace in the ticket #1271 [2].

For the moment Alsa is broken by a problem in ph_downsample or
ph_upsample problem. The same "rctx" param is null and lead to a
segfault.

I hope my try help you and I'm open to all suggestions and test
cases/patches etc etc.

Best regards.

Didier Link

[1] http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm.html