Hi,

Unfortunately, a couple of bugs which were blockers for our inclusion in
the next stable version of Debian have caused us to be removed from
consideration for inclusion in that release - we've been removed from
testing and dialled back to unstable.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/wengophone.html

The release critical bugs, including a long-standing x86_64 bug on
start-up, are here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=src&data=wengophone&archive=no&pend-exc=pending-fixed&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious

This one is particularly worrying:

In addition to removing us from contention for Debian Etch, this also
endangers our inclusion in Ubuntu 7.04 - the 2.1 release should be
better on most counts, but we will need some serious testing of it
before it will be credible on Linux.

In related news, I had a repeat of the problem I had last week of
PortAudio blocking when opening /dev/dsp (in spite of the fact that
Audacity gets along fine) after a suspend - in the middle of a demo I
was giving during SCALE :(

Anyway - we're getting there - and I'm confident that we can get this
list of bugs down to a more manageable size in the next couple of weeks:
http://dev.openwengo.com/trac/openwengo/trac.cgi/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=WengoPhone+2.1

Cheers,
Dave.

--