Hello all,

I have a few questions.

      * I would like to build wengophone-2.1 (SVN of course) on Windows
        XP Professional. What are the current recommended build tools? I
        was thinking of going with Visual C++ 2005 and Scons. Is this
        OK? I have a great experience with Cmake on Linux, and I was
        wondering whether I can use it.
      * Any hints on where I should start hacking on wengophone to fix
        the ALSA sound problems on Linux? Any hints about what this
        would take?
      * Xavier: Would like to work with you to complete the parts of
        Wengophone that will make it "SIP Agnostic". Any pointers in
        that direction would be helpful. The patch you committed to make
        that basic functionality work may be a great hint for me. Could
        you send it to me?

Finally, let me report on my experience with the 2.1 branch on Linux:
Able to register with Asterisk as the SIP Registrar. Able to ring and be
rung by others registered with the same server. No sound, unfortunately
(Using ALSA). Segfaults when I try to register in boost, with the
function call-path being through the Logger functions. This segfault is
fixed when I disable the logger functions in the source code (i.e. turn
the macros to null-ops). More useful details will come later.

Thanks a lot for wengophone. I think it shows a lot of promise, and I
look forward to contributing what I can.

--
Brian Gitonga Marete
Software Developer