Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder how you deal with AMR license restrictions - does Wengo pays
> for the AMR license or is it the users task to get an AMR license?

Hello,

WengoPhone is developed in Europe, so we don't have any software patents here.
If the user lives in a country which has software patents like the USA, the
user needs a license to use WengoPhone.

This is a problem we should discuss.

http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/amr states:

AMR codecs incorporate several patents, held by Ericsson, Universite de
Sherbrooke (VoiceAge) and Nokia. VoiceAge claims to provide patent portfolio
for AMR codecs. Depending on law in your country, manufacturers and developers
may need to get a license. Because it is a shared library, you may need a
special contract for each one application, which links against this library,
directly or indirectly.

        -- andreas

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses