[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I've done a quick test at work under Windows XP, i could create a %main.cfg
> file.

The next step should a fix for the get_files_in_dir() to make it detect
and handle %main.cfg as Unix does.

> If it is really a problem we should probably use some more conventional
> filenames like _main.cfg instead of %main.cfg for example.

Alas, it appears the ls(1) sort algorithm ignores all leading
non-alphanumerics.  I'm reluctantly arriving at the conclusion that we
may have to either (a) abandon the goal of making these special
filenames sort first, or (b) use digit-led names like 00-main.cfg

Will Windows choke on "00-main.cfg"?