Just a quick little update on the 1.12.1 situation:

Over the last few days, no-one really volunteered for any of the tasks I
mentioned as blockers for 1.12.1, so there hasn't been any progress in this
regard.

(In fact, as is pretty evident for anyone reading this mailing list, no-one
responded to these emails at all. I am assuming it's because of the holidays.)

Seeing as how one of the tasks in question is a string freeze-breaking task, I
have decided to postpone releasing 1.12.1 or string-freezing 1.12 until these
three items are addressed in some form:

 * Bug #23036: https://gna.org/bugs/?23036
 * Bug #22968: https://gna.org/bugs/?22968
 * Backporting the "classic" (1.10) theme to 1.12 from master

However, I'd still like it if people tried to work on these assuming the
string freeze will be on January 3rd and the tagging on the 10th. Then maybe
we could start thinking about 1.13.0 as well.

I am asking again: opinions?

--
Regards
  Ignacio R. Morelle <shadowm>