Just want to bring up some points in favor of github from the last time we
discussed this on ML:

https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev/2014-12/msg00000.html
https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev/2014-06/msg00009.html

- GNA is quite intimidating to the users, and this surely has a large
impact on people actually submitting bugs.
- Requires you to answer some really bizarre captcha questions like "What
VCS is named after a british slang". The majority of our users have no idea
of the answer to this. Worse, they have no idea how to figure it out
either, and report that googling it doesn't help them. There have been
multiple forum posts about this difficulty. Captcha questions are supposed
to be trivial questions that distinguish *any human* from a robot. It's not
supposed to require domain-specific knowledge of programming to answer, so
it's rather braindead of GNA to use this as a captcha question.
- GNA for almost two years did not update their website SSL certificate,
and as a result everyone who went there would get security warnings. They
finally did this in march
http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8492 but overall that's
pretty lackluster IMO.
- See also Crab's post from like 6 years ago where he listed more drawbacks
of GNA.

This has been a lingering problem for years now, long before I was ever
even involved in the project. Frankly we should have done this even if
github didn't support attachments. Attachments don't matter if the users
can't figure out how to submit a bug at all, and the vast majority of
attachments that are currently in the tracker are of quite dubious value
for fixing any bugs currently on master. If github supports zip attachments
now then this should be a no-brainer.

My 2 cents,
Chris Beck