Dear sons and daughters of West Nile,
It’s a moment of mourning for all of us and I in person am greatly perturbed by
the tragedy, an outcome from our own initiative; West Nile Night at Club Palui.
I am happy that our Leadership took the responsibility of the situation and
owned it. I think it is time for us to put priorities right for WNF and turn
this tragedy into opportunity to remember our fallen brothers as Nayenda has
proposed.
Fr. Rufino did articulate some issues that would style up and make the social
gathering resourceful and enjoyable for all including those who do not
entertain
night dances but the organizers did not respond apart from posting “Another
Night”. Our president has been posed some questions for clarification about the
registration process and CPU of WNF, I have never seen any response.

It is very unfortunate that the majority if not all locals of our interest
(West
Nile) have come to know about us as West Nile Foundation through the tragic
incident. This is really a great shame to us though our Leadership worked hard
to make our presence felt in the difficult moments.
I therefore beg to move that West Nile Night be stayed until WNF is registered
and officially launched. In the event of its resumption, there must be a wide
consultation and tribute oriented activities.
I also beg the Leadership of WNF to style up and avoid heading towards
strongman’s syndrome which is very chronic in our country. WNF should be run on
institutional basis not on individual capability and ability.

MAY THE SOULS OF OUR DEPARTED BROTHERS REST IN ETERNAL PEACE. I JOIN IN THE
PRAYERS FOR THE QUICK RECOVERY OF THE INJURED.
I say all this for God and our Region. Over to you