From: Caleb Alaka <calebal...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [WestNileNet] Latest update on the accident
To: "A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile" <westnilenet@kym.net>
Date: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 10:12 PM

Dear Colleagues,

It was a terrible tragedy that befell us on Saturday morning. Briefly after
having fun at the West Nile Night, 17 of our members decided to use a seven
seat-er vehicle to be dropped home.  According to police sources, when the
vehicle reached Ntinda trading center, our brothers and sisters branched off
towards Nakawa. Hardly had they reached Ntinda Police Post, the car lost
controll and skidded for 150 meters, before crushing,  and in the process,
three people died instantly and other 3 died on their way to Hospital. Your
leadership was informed and we took charge of the situation together with James
Nyakuni. We identified the bodies as follows;   Rashid Juma, Isaac Edobo,
Washington Agondua, Babua Dan, Innocent Yoti and Imran Abdul. 9 other persons
were critically injured and two sustained minor injuries. One person is in
critical condition and the rest have stabilized. West Nile Foundation
contributed  1,000,000/= towards burial and funeral
 expenses. We mobilized all in all around 3,000,000/=, James Nyakuni gave us a
bus which we fueled to take relatives to Arua. Nyakuni also assisted us in
taking two bodies that of Washington and Isaac. Mean while Eng. Juma assisted
us in taking the bodies of Rashid and Imran. We purchased coffins, and other
materials for all the deceased persons. We reserved the balance of our
collections for subsidizing medical expenses for the injured. The bodies of
Innocent and Babua were not taken to Arua by us because of mutual understanding
between us and the parents. The following were the injured;Opio Vincent, Ezaru
Isaac, Jackie Aseru, Inid Akwiachwan, Okello Moses, Ombilia, Aron Francis,
Anguzu Abraham, Anguyo Moses and Abeli Denis. We managed to contact all the
relatives. It was tragic but we tried our level best.  We need prayers for
those injured and will update you on any other development pertaining to those
who sustained injuries.  Thank you

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----