May they all rest in peace.

Kadara Kursum Akujo Wangita

From: Okuti Richard <ok...@asili.co.ug>
To: westnilenet@kym.net
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March 2012, 15:14
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] WHAT A WOMEN'S DAY CELEBRATION IN DEATH OF
STRUGGLING MOTHERS

Dear Elly,Thanks for this ellaborate information, it is very difficult to
express oneself when such tragedies occur however I will try and say may those
who have passed on rest in eternal peace and may those who have lost their
loved ones be comforted so as to gain the strengths to pursue the world for the
rest of their time around. I would also hasten to add that we may also want to
use these tragic experiences to reflect on why they are high and what we all
can contribute towards mitigating these avoidable accidents! I cannot start to
fathom what solutions could be reached but again collectively we can influence
a lot of things!I pray with you and others that we may overcome.RichardOn
07/03/2012 17:54, Nayenda Elly wrote:
West Nilers,
>The International Women's day national celebration will be hosted by Nebbi in
>West Nile tomorrow and women of all walks of life will converge at Nebbi boma
>ground to chronicle their struggle in building the nation.
>Just 80km up north in Arua we are mourning the death of close to 30 mothers
>(mostly) who have been struggling in petty small scale businesses moving from
>one market to another using the most risky transport. Imagine 30 plus women on
>top of an over loaded lorry with their merchandise from one market to another.
>6th March will be marked as a dark evening when our mothers lost their lives
>in pursuit to fend for their families. This accident is the third within two
>years but with the highest death tolll. My uncle Lumaga Jimmy lost his wife in
>the same river Ala tragedy. We are mourning not celebrating women's day.
>As Uganda celebrates women's day, can gov't improve the conditions of our
>roads and bridges to major markets as we encourage our mothers to use
>different transport means from their cargo because over loading of such trucks
>is apparent?
>The Nebbi celebration should be entirely dedicated to the thirty or so women
>whose families may need some support to enable them stand so that they can
>eventually walk given business acumen.
>May their souls rest in peace as we all join in helping mothers fend for their
>families.
>Thanks
>Elly

 generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/>>>> All Archives can be
found at>> http://www.mail-archive.com/westnilenet@kym.net/>>>> The above
comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including>> attachments if
any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any>> way.>>