> From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Herold Heiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I put up the current cvs, mainly since there have been those patches
> > to ftp-ls.c and the signal handler. Ok ?
>
> Please don't do that.  Although all changes in the current CVS
> *should* be stable, mistakes are possible.  Please provide a binary
> that is 1.8 plus the most critical patches -- currently only the
> progress.c patch.

Correct, sorry. Site updated.

> > quite a userbase which does take the zipped cvs sources I put up in
> > order to use them on unix platforms. Don't ask me why. Well,
> > possibly folks behind firewalls who can't use cvs but can download
> > with a proxy or something..
>
> We should have daily source snapshots for such people.

I agree. With a minimum bit of logic this shouldn't even load the server
too much - before tarring check if there have been commits since last
time, shouldn't be difficult to parse a cvs history or somewhat. Or
checkout and do a find -newer. Possibly (if the general setup and sysop
permits that) the checkout files could even be directly in the sunsite
wget ftp directory for easy access to changelogs or single files.

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073