On 22/03/2002 07:06:13 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
[snip]
>> I think I agree with this.  The amount of spam is staggering.  I have no
>> explanation as to why this happens on this list, and not on other lists
>> which are *also* open to non-subscribers.
>
>Spammers work in mysterious ways. ;-)

No, they work in fairly predictable ways.
The wget mailinglist address is advertised on the wget homepage.
According to empirical observations, if you publish a brand new email
address
on a web page, it'll receive spam within eight *hours* of it being
published.

--
Csaba Ráduly, Software Engineer                           Sophos Anti-Virus
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.sophos.com