"Tony Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> > Is there any way to make Wget use HTTP/1.1 ?
>>
>> Unfortunately, no.
>
> In looking at the debug output, it appears to me that wget is really
> sending HTTP/1.1 headers, but claiming that they are HTTP/1.0
> headers. For example, the Host header was not defined in RFC 1945,
> but wget is sending it.

Yes.  That is by design -- HTTP was meant to be extended in that way.
Wget is also requesting and accepting `Keep-Alive', using `Range', and
so on.

Csaba Raduly's patch would break Wget because it doesn't suppose the
"chunked" transfer-encoding.  Also, its understanding of persistent
connection might not be compliant with HTTP/1.1.