"Jens Rösner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Hrvoje!
>
>> > PS: One note to the manual editor(s?): The -e switch could be
>> > (briefly?) mentioned also at the "wgetrc commands" paragraph. I
>> > think it would make sense to mention it there again without
>> > clustering the manual too much. Currently it is only mentioned in
>> > "Basic Startup Options" (and in an example dealing with robots).
>> > Opinions?
>>
>> Sure, why not.  Have you just volunteered to write the patch?  :-)
>>
> Touché!
> ;)
> Well, seriously, I don't know how to write a patch!
[...]
> Or someone sends me a link that explains patching so that even a Windowser
> can do it ;)

It's really not hard.  To create a patch, you only need the `diff'
utility (available precompiled for Windows).  Save the original copy
of the file, make your change, run `diff -u OLDFILE NEWFILE', and mail
the output here.  That's it.

The file you need to look at to make a change in the documentation is
doc/wget.texi in Wget's distribution.  Although the markup might not
be familiar to you, it is very easy to pick up if you're making a
small change.

In other words, save a copy of wget.texi, make the change, and send the
output of `diff -u wget.texi.orig wget.texi'.  That's it.

This is explained in more detail in the PATCHES file in the Wget
distribution.  See
http://cvs.sunsite.dk/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/wget/PATCHES?rev=1.5