Hi,

I am trying to use wget with compression. (mod_deflate used on server end)
I use the --header="Accept-Encoding: gzip" option.

Unfortunately, gzip receives correctly the compressed file but does nothing
with it, like decompression.
I could use a script that would unzip the files after wget has finished
retrieving.
But this wouldn't help in my case :
I download through HTTP:
- wget gets the index.html, (compressed)
- doesn't find any link in it (because it cannot read it)
- ends

The whole directory is missed.

Can anyone help ?
Or is it feature request ?
Someone did talk about compression support :
http://www.mail-archive.com/wget@sunsite.dk/msg05233.html

Thanks,

Andrew

other keywords mod_gzip zip gzip

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)