Zitat von Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've just merged a bunch of things into the current trunk, including
> Mauro's latest changes related to when HEAD is sent (concerning which he
> recently sent an email). Please feel free to beat on it, and report any
> bugs here!

Ah, finally something to test again  ;-)

The ChangeLogs look interesting, all the issues I had seem to be repaired.

I did only a few first tests now, because the basic test already had a problem:
With default options the local timestamps are not set at all.

I still made one series of tests regarding the HEAD/GET logic.

no timestamping, no local file   no HEAD   but: local timestamp not set to
remote
no timestamping,    local file   no HEAD   but: local timestamp not set to
remote
   timestamping, no local file   no HEAD   but: local timestamp not set to
remote
   timestamping,    local file      HEAD   local timestamp set to remote

In these cases the HEAD is now used again only for the case where it is
necessary, but the timestamp ......
One could think that it is now taken only from the HEAD and not from GET.

I'll see what happens in the case where the two are different, this can not
easily be constructed, must way till such a case just comes along  ;-)

Best Regards,
Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany