Several items to announce.

One, the Mercurial "trunk" repository has been renamed to "mainline",
which seems a better label, considering that we're not really talking
about a "trunk" and "branches" any more (in fact, the mainline repo
could conceivably include branches, so "trunk" is really not
appropriate.) This means that the former "trunk" repository is no longer
available at http://hg.addictivecode.org/wget/trunk, but rather at
http://hg.addictivecode.org/wget/mainline.

Two, the automakification process is basically done (modulo inevitable
bugs), and has been pushed to the mainline. These changes will not
appear in 1.11, and are for 1.12+. Folks running on Windows platforms or
who tend to use --disable-nls should check that everything works as
expected for them.

Three, I have CLOSED THE TRUNK in subversion ("svn rm $WGETROOT/trunk").
Changes to wget-1.11 will continue to be merged to
$WGETROOT/branches/1.11 until the release, after which point Subversion
will no longer be used for active development (if all goes according to
expectations).

The motivation for this is that I want to move ahead with using
Mercurial. This is still not "set in stone", in the sense that with
sufficiently good reasons I would be willing to switch to another
DVCS--and in fact, we can even move active development back to
Subversion if appropriate, reopening the trunk (I believe something like
"svn cp $WGETROOT/[EMAIL PROTECTED] $WGETROOT/trunk" might do the trick).
However, it is looking likelier day-by-day.

However, in order to find out whether Mercurial is truly going to fit
the bill for us, I want to be aware of potential problems early on: and
this means "encouraging" everyone to move to it. This way, if there are
serious issues in using it, I'll hopefully discover them sooner, so we
can make smart decisions based on that, and migrate to something better
if need be. Part of the reason Mercurial may be looking like it fits our
needs, is that currently, pretty much all active development on Wget is
being done by... me. This doesn't give me much opportunity to hear about
alternative experiences with our development toolset! :D ...so the
obvious solution that presented itself to me was to make sure everyone
else is using the same tools too, to see whether that will work.

To make this a little bit easier, I've enabled archive-generation
(tar.gz, tar.bz2, and .zip) from the repository pages, so that if you
just plain can't get Mercurial working, you can use these instead
(however, if you "just plain can't get Mercurial working", I want to
know about it--that's kind of the point!).