Micah Cowan wrote:
Also: does the current proposed patch deal properly with situations such
as where the first 15 seconds haven't been taken up by part of a single
download, but rather several very small ones? I'm not very familiar yet
with the rate-limiting stuff, so I really have no idea.

If the point is to limit *your* bandwidth, well it's hard to say, although the consensus seems to be that "overly conservative" is the right thing to do, usually. Of course, if the point (as in one suggested use case) is to limit the amount of the /server's/ bandwidth consumed, then a new percent should be calculated for every host.

Just some thoughts...

--
Matthew
"Five is right out!"