In the VMS world, where file name case may matter, but usually
doesn't, the normal scheme is to preserve case when creating files, but
to do case-insensitive comparisons on file names.

>From Tony Lewis:

> To have the effect that Allan seeks, I think the option would have to
> convert all URIs to lower case at an appropriate point in the process.

   I think that that's the wrong way to look at it.  Implementation
details like name hashing may also need to be adjusted, but this
shouldn't be too hard.

   Steven M. Schweda               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   382 South Warwick Street        (+1) 651-699-9818
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547