> So I thought I could do just basic problem monitoring using
> SNMP traps generated from Win2K from the event logs via the
> Win2K SNMP service and evntwin.

(snip)

> Does anyone know if this will work? I assume I'd have to
> create a map with those machines on it and set the
> notifications based on the traps and turn off polling.
> If I turn off polling does it still react to SNMP traps?

It should work, providing the firewall allows the traps to get through.  Yes, in 
WhatsUp Gold you will indeed have to create a map in the way that you have described.  
The traps will still fire events and thus generate alerts even with polling turned off.

Mark Symons
Ipswitch, Inc
Augusta GA


Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
to be removed from this list.

An Archive of this list is available at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/

Reply via email to