Quoting Ian Hickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
The only time spell checking matters is when the user is the one
creating the content (not the author).  It doesn't make any sense to
spell check non-editable content that the user didn't even create.  If
the content is editable, then spell checking should just be left up to
the preference of the user who is editing the content.  I really don't
see the point of this feature being included in markup.  If Mozilla
wants it, fine, but I don't think it should be in HTML5.

Ok, so how can we ensure that spell checking is enable for GMail's To:
line but enabled for its Subject line?

By having something like type="email" for multiple e-mail addresses? (Or reusing type="email" in some way would work as well I suppose.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>