On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:37:03 +0200, Jonas Sicking <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I don't see any need for it to be case-sensitive for XHTML5. :-)
[1] http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-April/010975.html

Since ID is case sensitive everywhere else, I don't see a reason to make an exception from that rule here.

For compat with IE?

That seems to unnecessarily complicate implementation as well as introduce weird inconsistencies for authors.

It already is (Unicode-) case-insensitive in IE and Opera. Do you suggest we should not match what IE does here? Or do you suggest we have different behavior between HTML and XHTML?

--
Simon Pieters