On Feb 8, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

On Feb 8, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Brady Eidson wrote:

Though it would be very nice to have defined semantics wrt the unload handler, I always thought this work could be done with the beforeonunload handler, instead.

I am not sure if this helps much - you can create a transaction from onbeforeunload, but you are likely to run the actual statement after the frame closes.

Not if your beforeonunload handler prevents the frame from closing, and you continue to prevent it from closing until your data is saved!

As far as the unload handler question, what are the semantics for XHR? Seems the application of "saving some application state via I/ O" is the same concept here, so the same rules should apply.

  That's a good question :)

That I've never seen a good answer to!  =D

~Brady

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov